Celebration of Service and Leadership Legacy of Steve and Nancy Ballard....

This past Thursday I was invited by a friend to attend The celebration of Service and Leadership Legacy of Steve and Nancy Ballard. Chancellor Ballard has done incredible things for my alma mater and he will be greatly missed. The good thing is, he is going on a year long sabbatical and then will be coming back to East Carolina University to serve in a teaching role where students will have the opportunity to learn under his leadership. My relationship has grown over the years with Chancellor Ballard, because of my role as a fundraiser for the College of Business but also on a personal note due to being a college student diagnosed with lung cancer and and unfortunately because of his sons diagnosis. 

When I walked in the door, I wanted to speak with him before it got too crowded. As soon as I walked over, I heard him end a conversation and say, "I want to make sure I get my hug and get to talk to Taylor!" --- it makes me feel special that the Chancellor of such a large university knows my name, but it also makes me sad because he knows my name because of a horrible disease that has touched my family and his. After talking for a few minutes and congratulating him on his retirement, he opened up and shared with me that they has just learned that his son, Nate's cancer had returned. They got news of the MRI the night before. He shared with me that they hadn't even really had a chance to digest it, but that he wanted to share with me and ask for my prayers. He has a great team surrounding him and I trust that they will get Nate the best care possible. If you are a praying kind, please pray for the Ballard family. They need all the prayers then can get!

The celebration of Chancellor Ballard's accomplishments were short of amazing! He has done incredible things in his time at ECU and I am incredibly thankful for his leadership and vision. Here are a few details of the night!

A picture of the crowd at Rock Spring Center

Fresh Flowers are my favorite so I had a to take a picture

Who doesn't love a mini key lime pie?!?

Please keep them in your prayers as they go through this new transition and hard time during their lives. Go Pirates! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Text Message....

To Whom it may Concern....

The White House is "Pink"... What about LUNG CANCER?