Healthcare Strategies Summit in Chicago

A lot of people always ask me what I do for work– I am a Physician Outreach Manager for a major health care system in NC.  What does that mean? Basically I am responsible for the growth and development of a specific service line within the organization. The easy way to say it is, I am in “physician sales”.  I want referring physicians to always choose our health care system to send their patients to as opposed to our competitors. It is my job to educate them about the services and care we provide and to help fix any operational barriers that could be preventing them from being able to refer patients to our facilities.  This job requires a lot of day-to-day travel but not a ton  of overnight overnight travel. Perfect in my book!  When I do get the chance to leave NC, I want to do a better job of documenting my experiences so that I can share them with my friends and family! This past year, I was given the opportunity to work as a consultant for a medical device company and that has provided a lot of opportunity to travel in the last year and since my husband can't often travel with me, (being a coach makes for an extremely hectic schedule), I am adamant about doing a better job of documenting to share with him along with everyone else.
This past week, I was in Chicago for the Healthcare Marketing & Physician Strategies Summit. This was a conference to learn about healthcare marketing as well as physician sales strategies. There were people from all across the country where we had the opportunity to learn from, bounce ideas and understand best practices.  “Physician Sales” is a fairly new field, so its nice to be able to learn from those who have been in the game longer than our institution and to learn what has worked for them and what hasn’t. I took away some great ideas and I am looking forward to implementing them in my daily work here in NC.
The best part about the trip though was having the chance to visit Chicago! It was stunning, clean, the people were friendly and the weather was incredible. I wish we had more time to do touristy stuff, but the conference kept us pretty busy. I will be back for sure on a personal trip. In the meantime, enjoy the picture dump below!
I would love to know about your favorite places and things to do while in Chicago! I will definitely be back on a personal trip and I want to make sure I get to do all of the amazing things that the city has to offer!
View from lunch one day

Had to have Gino's Pizza

Matt Iseman was the host of the Eva Awards Gala

Another Riverboat at Lunch

Rooftop bar at the Accenute Afterparty

Colleagues on Trolley on the way to dinner at Navy Pier

View from Dinner at Navy Pier

View From Hotel

Joy and I - View from room on 27th at Sheraton Grand in Chicago

Pano outside our hotel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Text Message....

To Whom it may Concern....

The White House is "Pink"... What about LUNG CANCER?