Celebrating Mom's Birthday at the Beach!

Whew!  It's been a few days since I have posted and that's because life has been pretty busy!  Thursday night I volunteered to help at JWA's Big Night Out! Robert couldn't attend because of stuff for work, so I thought it would be fun to volunteer instead and still meet my membership requirement. Always a plus! JWA is the Junior Women's Association of Greenville. We are working to affiliate with the Junior League national organization and hopefully that will happen in the next few years! I was a new member this year and I have enjoyed getting involved and meeting some amazing women! Here are a few pictures of the event!

Heather and me-- Cant wait to meet her bundle of joy!

Some of the Silent Auction Items

The tables were decorated so cute
Friday afternoon I was able to get out of the office a little early and I headed home, threw some things in a bag and we headed to the beach for the weekend! Hubs had already loaded the coolers and gotten the boat ready so I literally just had to worry about my stuff and we were on the road by 5pm!  I missed my moms birthday last weekend when we decided not to go to the beach for Memorial Day and her birthday because the weather looked suspicious. So, we celebrated her late this weekend and had a great time! My whole family was at the beach except my oldest younger brother Doug. He was at a friends wedding and we missed him dearly!

Robert and I decided to get a boat slip for the summer so we don't have to worry about putting the boat on the trailer each and every time we go. My parents have a "water view", but are not "waterfront" so docking at their house isn't an option, unfortunately. Thankfully there is a sweet old lady (by old, I mean 92) that lives down the street that has 6 boats slips in Pelletier Creek (which we love because it's protected and our boat doesn't get beat up) and she was willing to rent us a slip for the summer! Score! It's such a cute place, there are docks, a bathhouse, ample parking and little carts that she lets you borrow if you need to haul things from the car to the boat! Perfect!  We got there Friday night in time to put the boat in the water and head over to the dock! We then decided that it might be fun to do a booze cruise over to downtown Morehead to meet my little brother at the Arendell Room for a cocktail!  My sister and her husband rode with us on the booze cruise over, had a drink with us and then walked back to their house from the bar. Our parents were kind enough to babysit for their two little girls and little boy!  Since we were boating, we only stayed for one cocktail and then headed back to our new slip! It was really dark but we made it with no hiccups and a new love for evening cruisin! Can't wait to do it again!

Headed to the new boat slip!


At the dock about to head out for an evening cruise

Sad that our little brother Doug wasn't there to hang with us!

Awesome Watermelon Drink at the AR! I actually have no idea what was in it!

Saturday was a wonderful boat day with the family! We anchored in front of my sisters house for a little while as my nieces were playing on the sandy beach by their house and we wanted to spend some time with them before their nap time! We then headed over to Wade Shores (north end of shack) to hang with my middle brother William and his girlfriend and her family! The water was perfect, it wasn't too crowded and it was a great time had by all!

Playing on the beach in front of their house!

Anchored up at Wade Shores
That afternoon on the way back to the dock, we scooped up me nieces and brother-in-law from downtown Morehead after their ice cream pit-stop and the girls got the chance to ride with us on the boat for the first time! My sister and baby trey met us at the dock! Trey hasn't been feeling well and my sister has been such a trooper and the most perfect mom taking care of him! I am amazed by how she does it every day as a mom of 3 children! It's so much work and she does it with grace, patience and class. She is a rock star!

Francie riding in style!

Julie Bell helping Uncle Quack drive the boat!
Saturday night we went out to a quick supper with my parents and then crashed early and hard because we were exhausted from a long day in the sun!  Sunday we decided to get up fairly early and head back to Greenville because we wanted to get organized and ready for the week ahead! Robert was a trooper and even went to the grocery with me! He is such a good husband!

Grady had to get a quick ride before we left for the week!
We can't wait to get back to the beach for the Big Rock and Father's Day weekend!  How blessed are we that we get to have the opportunity to head to the sand and saltwater whenever we want!?!? Thankful for God and his blessings each and every day!  "To those to whom much is given, much is expected of them" Luke 12:48

Comments

  1. Dying to go on your boat one day!!! Looks like you guys had a great time! I want to booze cruise ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We must do it ASAP!!! Are y'all going to be around this weekend? We are staying in gville... if you are, lets go!

      Delete
  2. Have fun next weekend! Hope yall decide to drop by the OBX sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun next weekend! Hope yall decide to drop by the OBX sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Text Message....

To Whom it may Concern....

The White House is "Pink"... What about LUNG CANCER?