I am Thankful!

As the holidays approach I often am reminded of how blessed I am to even be here. I think it’s important for everyone to really stop and think about everything that we are THANKFUL for. A lot of times I find myself complaining about what I don’t have…. I need a new car; I would like a new house, new clothes, shoes… ect…. But I often miss the big picture… I think a lot of us miss the big picture. I am so blessed and should constantly be incredibly thankful that I am even alive.

I think it’s important to remember everything that we do have and everything that we should be thankful for! It’s easy to complain about what we don’t have or what we would like… but during the holidays lets all try to do a better job of realizing our blessings and being thankful for everything we have. Spend time with your families and friends, eat lots of food, enjoy the laughter, enjoy the stories, enjoy time with family that you don’t often see, take in those moments because you never when they will be cut short.

Working here at Leo Jenkins Cancer Center I am reminded of everything I have to be thankful for. Cancer work is interesting; it gives you a great sense of appreciation for life. Often times I find myself complaining about the little things, but then I walk into the hallway and I am quickly reminded of how incredibly blessed I am. There are so many people who are going through harder times than I am. People who are fighting for their lives every day and who never not even once complain about the situation they are in.

I want to take this time to write what I am thankful for and I hope that either you will post also what you are thankful for either on here, or somewhere. I think it’s really neat to write it down and look at. I know I will keep it up for a while to remind me of everything I have, instead of complaining what I don’t have. I can’t even begin to list everything but here is just a few!
1.My family
2.My friends
3.My good health
4.My boyfriend
5.My job
6.My amazing co-workers
7.My supervisors who are amazing
8.All of the doctors here at LJCC
9.My medical team
10.Media who continues to tell my story for advocacy and awareness
11.The NC Lung Cancer Partnership
12.The Bonne J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
13.My sisters healthy pregnancy and soon to be healthy baby girl
14.My car (even if it doesn’t want to start)
15.My home
16.My Godparents
17.All of the other survivors fighting cancer!
18.The list could go on and on....

I am going to leave you with a list of quotes that I think are all really wonderful. They surround me in my daily life always because I constantly like to be reminded of how blessed I am and how thankful I need to be! It is my prayer that each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season. We are all so blessed!


Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
-- Oprah Winfrey

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting.
-- Author Unknown

Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens.
-- Author Unknown

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
-- Brian Tracy

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
-- Epictetus

If you haven’t all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don’t have that you wouldn’t want.
-- Author Unknown

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
-- Buddha

Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.
-- Ralph Marston

People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have.
-- Richard Carlson

So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done.
-- Marian Wright Edelman

There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
-- Author Unknown

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.
-- John Wooden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Text Message....

To Whom it may Concern....

The White House is "Pink"... What about LUNG CANCER?