Most Awful Blogger on the Planet....

I may be the worst blogger on this planet...... How has it been almost a month since I have written a post?!? Whew, life gets busy and this seems to always be the first thing that gets put by the wayside. I promise I am going to try and do better, but that doesn’t mean it will actually happen. Especially since it is about to be the most busy time of our year. Its football season! Yay! 

Not to mention, I am going back to grad school, finally. When I was working at ECU, I was able to talk a few graduate level classes without formally applying to the MPA (Masters of Public Administration) program because they allow employees to take non-degree grad classes as long as they are able to keep up. Well, once I left ECU to come work at Vidant, it meant that I had to formally apply and get accepted. I also had to work at Vidant for at least 6 months before I could qualify for tuition reimbursement… well that 6 months turned into two years that I hadn’t taken a class. Finally, I decided that there is no better time than now to get it done so I applied, got accepted and I start class tonight! Whoa! Hopefully I can keep up with work full time and going to class. I am only starting with 6 hours this semester to make sure I can keep up, hopefully I can take 9 hours next semester and then 6 hours each summer session. This will hopefully allow me to get done quickly. We will see. I plan to take as long as I need to to finish, but of course the sooner the better if possible. The program takes 45 hours to complete but with the hours I have already accrued, I should be able to graduate in May of 2018.  Please pray for me! I need it.

In other regards, we have been busy with summer, traveling, boating and attending weddings and baby showers! We are definitely in that season of life where many of our friends are celebrating amazing life events. We are so blessed to be included during these special times in their lives. I am constantly amazed by how blessed we are for the friends and family that we have! I thank God every day for our incredible circle.


Below are some pictures from recent births, weddings, baby showers and weddings! Enjoy the picture dump...

Headed to the Outer Banks to celebrate the 4th of July

Robert and I found an awesome place to catch Bream in the Tar River. I like to "Princess Fish" meaning I don't bait the hook or take the fish off the hook. Its the best gig ever and I am thankful for the hubs who puts up with me nonsense.

Robert celebrated his 35th Birthday in July and these are a few of his favorite things! He is and old ass! :)

We will never be able to find enough time to hand on the boat! Some of his new birthday gifts pictured! New Columbia Fishing hat, new Costas, and UPF 50 fishing shirts so he doesn't get burnt! Praise!

One of the best things about owning our boat is being able to take Grady swimming whenever we want! He loves it and it makes my heart happy!

Our friends Heather and John Worthington had their first child in July and I got to go by while at work to meet the precious baby girl! Welcome to the world Charlotte! She is beautiful!

Headed to one of Roberts coaches weddings in New Bern! It was a beautiful wedding!

BJ and Kristen came to visit us after a long trip in Mexico before heading to the OBX for the weekend! We love when they come to visit and this picture was taken boating down in Washington!

My sorority sister Kelly is due with her first child in just a few weeks and this was a baby shower to celebrate baby Eliza! You cant see in the picture but the bib Kel is holding says "Future Chi Omega". The girls pictured are all sorority sisters from ECU!

I also got to meet baby Reed for the first time at Kelly's shower! Ashley (left of me in picture above) just had Reed a few weeks ago. How incredible does she look?!?! Ashley and I served in leadership roles at the same time while in Chi Omega. She was the President and I was the Personnel Chair so we worked very closely together. I cherish our friendship and she is now such an awesome mom!

A picture of Wrightsville beach this past weekend while we were there to celebrate Samantha and Michael at their wedding! 

Hanging at the cocktail party before Samantha and Michael's reception! It was such a stunning wedding!

Samantha and her groom Michael - First Kiss! Their wedding was at Airle Gardens which is one of the most beautiful places in Wilmington! We had such a great time celebrating them and wish them much happiness!
Did I mention that football season is in full force which means that it will be late nights and early mornings for Robert. Robert is the Offensive Coordinator for a local high school here in Greenville. The school has always been a basketball dominant school so  I am hoping that over time the football program will continue to grow and flourish. In the meantime, please pray for me and my husband as he goes through another season. Greenville is known for its high school athletics and being a coach and a coaches wife can sometimes be really hard! I think a lot harder than people realize. There is a lot of pressure to preform and win and I know Robert feels that daily. And as his wife, you have to listen and hear people talk about how they could do a better job, or how they don't understand why they aren't winning, or they should have called a different play, etc. When you win, its all good and people think you are amazing, but when you are losing, everyone has something to say about it. I have had to learn to develop thick skin and let it go, but its easier said than done. Its especially hard to know and see the sacrifice and dedication all of the coaches put into this team and then to hear people talk negatively about it. If they truly understand how much dedication and work goes into being a coach, I don't think they would be as quick to talk badly and judge. So, here's to another football season (hopefully a winning one) and if not, hopefully a team that is at least touched by my husbands leadership, dedication, love and work ethic. I am proud of him each and every day for his commitment to teach public school and coach. Go Falcons!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Text Message....

To Whom it may Concern....

The White House is "Pink"... What about LUNG CANCER?