Guess who's back, back again?!?!

Whew, been missing in action for a while!

My last post from August 2016 (Yikes!) was about how I am the worst blogger on the planet. That’s probably because I am. I haven’t posted in two years. How in the heck did that happen? Oh, that’s right, I was working full-time on the biggest project of my life and also in graduate school full-time. Thus, no time for the blog. But, guess what? I’m back y’all!
A lot has happened in the last two years and I am hoping I will be able to post a few major milestones in the next few posts to bring you up to speed on all that has happened, but for now, here a quick list of major things that have gone on in our life!
  •           Started and finished my Masters in Public Administration at East Carolina University (ECU). I was awarded two scholarships and my company covered a major part of the cost as well! 

  •          Became the Spokesperson for Your Cancer Game Plan, partnering with Merck and other leading cancer advocacy organizations for a national awareness campaign aimed at educating and empowering people living with cancer and their caregivers to manage their emotional and physical well-being, communication and nutritional needs. See more of that here
  •           Nominated and selected as one of ECU’s 40 Under 40 Leadership Award Recipients



  •           Our precious Chocolate Lab, Grady had a really rough 2018. In January he tore his ACL and we had surgery to repair it, in May he was diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma and he had surgery to remove it and 18 radiation treatments at NC State. He was doing great recovering when out of nowhere he got an infection in his leg that we couldn’t control and unfortunately he tragically passed away. It was by far the hardest thing my husband and I have ever been through. We are still devastated and so sad, a sadness I am not sure we will ever get over. He was only 7 and he was our baby.  But in order to try and help us heal, by the grace of God, we got a new precious bundle of joy. His name is Cayman and he is another chocolate lab. He is keeping us on our toes.

  •           I spoke at the Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress in front of several hundred nurses about lung cancer and my partnership with Your Cancer Game Plan and the important work and resources it offers patients.
  •           I went to New Jersey with my mom to film for a video series called Cure Connections. There are 13 videos total and the goal was to discuss Navigating Lung Cancer: Embracing a New Normal. You can view those videos here
  •            For the first time in 14 years, my husband is not coaching football! Being a high school PE Teacher is hard enough, but doing that and coaching three varsity sports is enough to make someone go crazy (or make their wife go crazy!). After a winning season last year, the best record in school history, he decided to take a break from being the offensive coordinator and to focus more on coaching basketball and golf. This gives him time to truly give those teams his undivided attention and help them prepare as they should.
  •           We got a place in Atlantic Beach that is our peace of heaven. Both Robert and I grew up at the beach so we crave to be there as much as possible. Our parents still live at the beach, but there is just something to be said for having your own space when were are there. We found the most perfect place that is affordable and gives us our own space! Look out for another post about our place and how I decorated on a budget!
  •           My little brother Will ran for City Council in our town of Greenville, NC and WON! He is the youngest member on the City Council and I had such a blast campaigning for him and working the polls! He also got engaged the same night he won and is getting married in a few weeks. Cannot wait for the wedding!
  •           One of my other brothers graduated from UNCW and got his first big boy job and my littlest brother graduated high school and got into ECU! He just started his freshman year a few weeks ago!

  •           My husband and I traveled to Phoenix for the national convention that I am a sorority advisor for (Go Chi O!) and he played a ton of golf! Lots of pictures and a post to come on that as well!
  •            I am learning how to play golf! Golf is the hardest sport known to man, but I love the challenge. I haven’t been able to get out as much as I would like, but I am thinking now that I am done with school I will have more time!
  •            In my career I work in health care at Vidant Health and I was part of a team that just opened a $200 million cancer center. This has been such a need for the people of eastern North Carolina and we are now able to offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary cancer care under one roof for the 29 counties that we serve.
  •           My older sister is a rock star and threw her husband the most amazing surprise 40th birthday party, complete with the Band of Oz! She also continues to amaze me by being the best mom to three beautiful well-behaved children without hurting them! Lol!
  •            I went to the Cayman Islands for the first time for my future sister in laws bachelorette party and it was seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! If you haven’t been, pinch your pennies and find a way to get there. It was stunning!
  •       My entire family went to York PA to visit my grandmother who recently moved into a retirement community! We also went to Hershey Park and had a great time!
I think that’s all of the major things that have happened in the last two years! I am sure there is a lot that I am forgetting! More post about some of the things mentioned above as well as hopefully more current posts about what is happening in my everyday life.  For the past two years I have been so busy with work, school, consulting work and my community involvement that I haven’t had much time for anything else. There are some exciting things on the horizon and I am hopeful you will follow along! One thing for sure, I cannot wait to share with you about a few things that I cannot live without but that are also safe to use and have changed my life!

Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Text Message....

To Whom it may Concern....

The White House is "Pink"... What about LUNG CANCER?